Another week, another batch of updates and fixes. There’s new features for the
sequeler SQL client, improved settings plugs for
switchboard, bug fixes
for the Date & Time indicator for
wingpanel, and first steps toward fixing
the broken window menus for applications in
There were only a few elementary-related updates for fedora this week, all of
them fixing some small issues or improving upon the current behavior, but no
major changes stand out.
This week, I pushed various small improvements for my elementary packages,
including fixes for small annoyances, and bug-fix updates. I also updated one
of my ruby and golang packages to the latest version, respectively. The Magic
Wormhole file transfer client is now available on fedora, thanks to some very
quick package reviews. Also, fedora 27 has reached its end-of-life on Friday.
I’ve been working on getting the
magic-wormhole file transfer tool packaged
for fedora, and this week, I’ve started to land the first of its dependencies.
This was a pretty average week, with some bug-fix and feature updates, and a
SONAME bump necessitating some rebuilds in fedora rawhide.
Also, in preparation for fedora 27 reaching its end-of-life, I’ve stopped
pushing updates and disabled nightly builds for this fedora release.
This week, I mostly pushed only small bug-fix releases to fedora and my COPR
repositories – among them, an updated “vocal” podcast player, the latest
version of Syncthing, and a bug-fix release of Jekyll.
Over the course of the last seven days, several post-“Juno” bug-fix releases
have been tagged by for elementary applications, and I’ve submitted the new
versions as updates to fedora. I was also finally able to track down a nasty
bug, and to update the SignOn stack on fedora 30.
The past week was a slow one. There were no new upstream releases to package
up. But, I’ve fixed the fallout from the forge and go macro changes in
Juno is here! The latest version of elementaryOS was released this week,
codenamed 5.0 “Juno”. This means that there’s a lot of updated packages for
fedora, too. In addition to that, there’s the usual assortment of updated ruby
and golang packages.
This week I updated a good amount of elementary packages to the latest upstream
releases — just like in the previous weeks. Development for the stable release
of elementaryOS 5.0 is finally finishing up, and the official announcement is
expected soon. I also updated the usual miscellaneous collection of golang and
- This week I updated many packages for elementary projects to new versions, bringing mainly updated translations, build system improvements, and bug fixes. I also pushed some updates for ruby gems to fedora, some of them also to stable fedora releases for security and bug fixes. Additionally, I updated syncthing and other golang packages to the latest versions. There are also two updates for my COPR packages.
This week I pushed some updates for my golang packages to fedora, and some
additional updates for
gala and the
minitest-reporters ruby gem.
This week, I updated some elementary packages, attempted to fix a Pantheon
LightDM greeter issue, pushed a
jekyll security update, pushed a build fix for
libgsignon-glib, and updated the
syncthing GUI, which brings support for new
syncthing service features.
This week I updated some of my ruby and golang packages, some “made for
elementary” applications, and
syncthing and its GTK+ GUI to the latest
upstream releases, and fixed running the Pantheon session on fedora 29 and later
by introducing a
mutter328 compatibility package.
This week I updated some fedora packages for versions released upstream, and
also updated one of the packages which I picked up when they were orphaned this
Update: I’ve now built a
mutter328 compat package for fedora 29 and
rawhide, and – pending some testing – it will be a good short- to mid-term
solution for the
mutter 3.30 compatibility issue.
Wow, this has been a busy week. There are two new packages, three
renamed-updated packages, five updates for elementary packages, one updated
golang package snapshot build, one updated ruby gem package, and 34 (!) golang
packages updated to make use of newer packaging tools. Also, I took advantage
of my new “provenpackager” powers for the first time.
This week, I updated the
minitest-reporters ruby gem to the recently released
new upstream version.
During the last week I’ve updated the
agenda todo-list manager to the newest
upstream release, and updated a ruby gem and some go packages to newer versions
and updated packaging style.
This week I’ve updated two packages to their latest upstream releases in fedora
rawhide, and fixed one FTBFS issue that popped up with the fedora 29 mass
rebuild. Additionally, I released a new version of the Pantheon session settings
for fedora, which merges some upstream changes.
This week I fixed some more fallout from the fedora 29 mass rebuild, and I
updated some packages to their latest releases.
This week I’ve updated several packages to the latest upstream versions, and
fixed some packages that failed to build in the fedora 29 mass rebuild.
During this week, I’ve pushed an updated snapshot build of
gala, pushed some
fixes for two of my
golang packages, and updated the
elementary-camera packages to their latest upstream releases.
This week was calm, I only added one new package to fedora, renamed and updated
one other package (the Pantheon applications menu), and fixes some build issues
for three packages in fedora rawhide, and pushed one update previously only
available on fedora rawhide to fedora 28, too.
This week was kind of busy - I’ve pushed a lot of new releases of elementary
projects to fedora as updates, three packages were renamed, three golang
libraries were updated to fix bugs, four “made for elementary” applications were
updated to their latest versions, and two switchboard plugs only available from
COPR repositories were updated to their latest upstream releases.
Keep calm and carry on.
Move on, nothing to see here.
This week, I’ve added some new elementary packages which saw their first stable
releases recently, updated
jekyll to the latest version, updated (and renamed)
some elementary packages, bumped
gala to a new snapshot build, and updated
granite to the latest version in rawhide, which also required rebuilding all
This week, many upstream projects saw new releases (especially elementary
projects, in preparation for the elementaryOS 5.0 beta), and I was finally able
to update the
jekyll package in fedora to the latest version (it finally
works again, even without internet access). Additionally, the
package is now up-to-date again, after having had to deal with the issue of some
outdated dependencies for some weeks.
This week was kind of busy, and the next few weeks will be too, I think -
a lot of elementary projects will see new releases in preparation for the
beta release of elementaryOS 5.0, and I’ll be working on finally getting
jekyll working and up to date again on fedora.
I’ve updated the elementary wallpapers to the latest upstream release, which
includes higher-resolution versions of some pictures and one new one.
This week, I’ve pushed the missing
gsignond builds and rebuilds to rawhide,
and updated the
contractor package to the latest version. Additionally, I
cleaned up my COPR repositories in preparation for fedora 26 reaching EOL
- This week I've published new releases for the Pantheon session settings files for fedora 27 and 28, which I also pushed as updates to those fedora releases. Additionally, I updated the liquid ruby gem, which is an orphaned package I took over because it is a dependency of jekyll, to the latest upstream version.
- This week was kind of busy - there are two new packages, compilation fixes for some older elementary packages, a bugfix update for the gala window manager, and the latest state of the gsignond packages to fix issues on fedora 28+.
- This week, I've updated vocal to the latest upstream version, which should fix a lot of the crashes users have been reporting. Additionally, I've added two new ruby packages to fedora in preparation for updating the liquid gem package.
- This week, I have updated the dippi package to the latest upstream version.
- This week, I've pushed an update for dippi and one of my golang libraries to fedora 26+, additionally I've rebased the patch for the Switchboard Power plug to the latest upstream master branch.
- This week, I've pushed updates for syncthing and one of its golang dependencies.
Move along, nothing to see here …
- This week, I've published some updates for new upstream releases and new snapshot builds. Additionally, I've fixed some issues with rawhide builds and added some new packages to the elementary-stable COPR repository.
- This week I've pushed updates to gala and wingpanel to pick up support for the GNOME 3.28 stack, and two upstream updates for syncthing-gtk and appcenter, which were primarily focused on bug fixes.
- This week, I've pushed updates to one of my golang libraries, syncthing, and to the fedora-specific session settings for Pantheon.
- This week, I've pushed updates to two of my golang packages to fedora, updated sequeler to the latest version, and I was finally able to build the elementary-wallpapers package, thus obsoleting my downstream fork, pandora-wallpapers.
- This week, I've pushed updates for sequeler and syncthing-gtk, and for one of my maintained golang libraries to fedora.
- This week, I've pushed various builds and updates to the fedora repositories, including the latest version of syncthing, some rebuilds for soname bumps in rawhide, and two minor golang library updates.
This week, I’ve pushed some updates bringing new upstream releases to fedora,
and cleaned up a variety of packages in preparation for the fedora 28 mass
rebuild, which happened at the end of this week.
This week, I’ve submitted a new version of vocal and added builds with
compilation fixes for some of my other packages.
This week, I’ve primarily worked on fixing failing package builds due to
compiler / toolchain changes on fedora rawhide. Additionally, I’ve added four
new packages to the fedora repositories, and updated appcenter to the latest
version, as well.
- This week, I've submitted the last cleanups for the updated Packaging Guidelines, syncthing was updated to the latest upstream release, one golang package was updated to the latest release for go 1.10 compatibility, and another has been updated to the latest git snapshot for the same reason.
- This week, the another package rebuild for the changed Packaging Guidelines was submitted, and multiple golang packages were updated to their latest versions.
- This week, a bugfix release for gala, a new release of a golang package, and some updates containing package cleanups for changed guidelines were published.
- The beginning of the new year seems like a good moment to look back on the last year - during which I packaged almost all elementary apps and the Pantheon DE components for fedora!
- I've published updates for some elementary packages (pandora-wallpapers, gala, vocal), syncthing, and two golang packages during the last week of 2017.
- Nothing to see here. Happy Holidays!
- This week, only two snapshot builds for a golang package were pushed to fedora. Additionally, builds for fedora 25 have been disabled for all COPR repositories as fedora 25 has reached its EOL.
- This week, I've published an updated syncthing package for the new 0.14.41 release, and multiple other golang packages were updated to newer snapshots - primarily for bug fixes, performance improvements, and new features.
- This week, three elementary packages got new releases upstream, and updated packages were pushed to fedora. Two golang packages were also updated to their latest stable releases.
- This week, some golang packages were updated to newer snapshots - or newly released stable versions. Additionally, the `gala` window manager was updated to a new snapshot, and the `slingshot` application menu was rebuilt.
- This week, fedora 27 was released! This means that no further updates will be submitted for fedora 25. In other news, one of my golang packages was updated to its latest upstream release.
- This week, three golang packages were updated to new snapshots, two gsignond plugins were newly packaged, and syncthing and appcenter were updated to their latest versions. Additionally, the Pantheon session settings were updated, and a bugfix update for the Raleway fonts was submitted.
- This week, two golang packages were updated, and a new version of elementary's granite toolkit library was published (including rebuilds of all 39 dependent packages in fedora 27 and rawhide).
- This week, the elementary icon theme, the elementary wallpapers, some golang packages were updated to their latest commits or releases, and one new golang package was added to fedora.
- This week, only the switchboard Printers plug was updated to its latest version, and one golang package was added to fedora.
- This week, new versions of syncthing, the elementary GTK+ theme, and the Switchboard User Accounts plug were published. Additionally, gala was updated to a newer snapshot.
- This week, new versions of the Switchboard Notifications plug and the Wingpanel Notifications indicator, and new versions and snapshot builds of some golang packages were published.
- This week, a new build of syncthing (including a new dependency) and a new version of the slingshot launcher were published.
- This week, some bugfix updates were released - including new versions of appcenter, gala, the wingpanel network indicator, the switchboard about plug, and syncthing.
- Multiple bugfix updates were published this week, including new versions of wingpanel, the Pantheon LightDM greeter, and the elementary CMake modules. Additionally, some golang packages were updated.
- New snapshot builds of multiple golang packages were published. Additionally, another snapshot build of wingpanel was pushed that should fix running atop libmutter 3.25+.
- New snapshot builds of gala, wingpanel and pantheon-session-settings were published to fix support for GNOME 3.25+ on fedora 27+. Additionally, a new bugfix release of "golang(github.com/calmh/luhn)" was published.
- A new release of the "github.com/klauspost/reedsolomon" golang package was published. The syncthing-inotify package was first submitted to fedora. Pantheon Mail was updated to the latest version in the COPR repositories.
- New releases of the Pantheon Calculator and Session Indicator were published. Additionally, syncthing and syncthing-gtk were updated, and one golang package was updated to a new snapshot.
- As of August 16, 2017, syncthing is available from the official fedora repositories. In the meantime, syncthing-gtk and syncthing-inotify were published as fedora packages as well.
- New releases of the elementary GTK theme and Pantheon Video Player were published. Additionally, syncthing was updated and some golang packages were updated to a new snapshot.
- All the missing dependencies of syncthing are now packaged, and formal reviews of syncthing packages can finally start.
- This release includes some fixes for the RPM .spec handling and improvements to the kentauros RPM packaging.
- All but three of the missing dependencies of syncthing have been approved and submitted to fedora. Additionally, support for golang 1.6 has been temporarily restored.