This page is for tracking items that are currently on my to-do list. Primarily, this is about tracking issues that are blocking proper support for a complete Pantheon desktop environment on fedora, but general bugs I have found are also listed here.
Session / Screen Locking
- There is currently no support for locking the screen from a Pantheon session
when it is started from GDM. Since the preferred screen locker for Pantheon
light-locker) explicitly only supports LightDM as display manager, this is unlikely to change soon ([RHBZ#1644858]).
gala now does compile against all versions of
mutter that are
available on the different releases of fedora, there are still some crashes to
be resolved (tracked in #634) before I can switch
gala to build
against the default version of
mutter instead of the compatibility package
3.28 branch that I’ve been maintaining for some fedora releases now.
There’s a Pull Request (#377) pending for
greeter which would
also allow it to be built against all
mutter versions, but – just like with
gala – there are still some issues to be resolved with the new support before
I can switch to it by default.
Captive Portal Assistant
The fedora package linter made me aware of a possible security issue in this package’s NetworkManager’s dispatch script:
$PATHelements being set by
contractor project seems to need some love, some of the issues I reported
would be really easy to fix:
- The DBus service uses the wrong RDNN (#30).
- Camera uses a non-standard icon for the application launcher, which leads to some issues (#32).
- Opening a previously closed file from the side bar is impossible without opening another file first (#563).
There hasn’t been a stable release of the completely rewritten Mail yet, and the last release still depends on the retired version of the WebKitGTK+ library (#8).
- Videos uses a non-standard icon for the application launcher, which leads to some issues (#23).
This plug plain doesn’t work on fedora at all, probably due to differences in language setting setups on fedora and ubuntu.
- The current language, region, and format aren’t determined correctly (#76).
- No backends other than APT are supported for installing language packs (#37).
- The build system also has inconsistencies with how other switchboard plugs are built, which leads to weird file names (#75).
User Accounts plug
This plug currently doesn’t seem to work right on fedora at all. It looks like it relies on some ubuntu-specific things regarding user creation and management.
- Newly created users can’t be enabled from the GUI (#92).