This page is for tracking items that are currently on my to-do list. Primarily, this is about tracking issues that are blocking proper support for a complete Pantheon desktop environment on fedora, but general bugs I have found are also listed here.
- Calendar has not yet been ported to
libecal-2.0, and so can neither be built or installed on fedora 31+ right now (#404.
- Camera uses a non-standard icon for the application launcher, which leads to some issues (#32).
- Opening a previously closed file from the side bar is impossible without opening another file first (#563).
There hasn’t been a stable release of the completely rewritten Mail yet, and the last release still depends on the retired version of the WebKitGTK+ library (#8).
- Videos uses a non-standard icon for the application launcher, which leads to some issues (#23).
Session / Screen Locking
There is currently no support for locking the screen from a Pantheon session when it is started from GDM. Since the preferred screen locker for Pantheon (
light-locker) explicitly only supports LightDM as display manager, this is unlikely to change soon (RHBZ#1644858).
On fedora 31 and later, there’s now also an issue with
gnome-shellstarting in Pantheon and breaking the session. This is caused by GNOME now making use of the
systemduser session for some desktop components, including
gnome-shell. But, this change breaks Pantheon (RHBZ#1750025).
For some time now,
gala has been working great on fedora, minus one issue
on fedora 29 and newer:
- It does not support building against
3.30and newer (#303), because GNOME upstream made some invasive API changes. To work around this, I had to introduce a compatibility package of the
mutteron fedora 29+.
The greeter codebase has some issues which I need to work around on fedora:
- It also doesn’t support building against versions
3.30and newer of
mutter(#120), and hence relies on the same compatibility package as
Wingpanel Date & Time indicator
- The Date & Time indicator for wingpanel has not yet been ported to
libecal-2.0, and so can neither be built or installed on fedora 31+ right now (#122).
Captive Portal Assistant
The fedora package linter made me aware of a possible security issue in this package’s NetworkManager’s dispatch script:
$PATHelements being set by
contractor project seems to need some love, some of the issues I reported
would be really easy to fix:
- The DBus service uses the wrong RDNN (#30).
- During the port from
meson, the code that installs the directory for contracts was dropped (#26).
- During the port from
meson, the directives for creating the directories where switchboard plugs are installed were dropped (#78).
This plug plain doesn’t work on fedora at all, probably due to differences in language setting setups on fedora and ubuntu.
- The current language, region, and format aren’t determined correctly (#76).
- No backends other than APT are supported for installing language packs (#37).
- The build system also has inconsistencies with how other switchboard plugs are built, which leads to weird file names (#75).
User Accounts plug
This plug currently doesn’t seem to work right on fedora at all. It looks like it relies on some ubuntu-specific things regarding user creation and management.
- Newly created users can’t be enabled from the GUI (#92).