This page is for tracking items that are currently on my to-do list. Primarily, this is about tracking issues that are blocking proper support for a complete Pantheon desktop environment on fedora, but general bugs I have found are also listed here.
Session / Screen Locking
There is currently no support for locking the screen from a Pantheon session
when it is started from GDM. Since the preferred screen locker for Pantheon
light-locker) explicitly only supports LightDM as display manager, this is
unlikely to change soon (RHBZ#1644858).
However, upstream developers are aware of the issues with
light-locker and are
looking into implementing a screen saver in
gala itself (#716).
gala now does compile against all versions of
mutter that are
available on stable releases of fedora, there are still some crashes to
be resolved (tracked in #634) before I can switch
gala to build
against the default version of
mutter instead of the compatibility package
3.28 branch that I’ve been maintaining for some fedora releases now.
3.36 branch of mutter introduces new API changes (primarily
the removal of the deprecated
wingpanel still need to be adapted to (#659).
There’s a Pull Request (#377) pending for
greeter which would
also allow it to be built against all stable
mutter versions, but – just like
gala – there are still some issues to be resolved with the new support
before I can switch to it by default. It also still uses the deprecated API that
will be gone from the
3.36 branch of
Captive Portal Assistant
The fedora package linter made me aware of a possible security issue in this package’s NetworkManager’s dispatch script:
$PATHelements being set by
contractor project seems to need some love, some of the issues I reported
would be really easy to fix:
- The DBus service uses the wrong RDNN (#30).
- Camera uses a non-standard icon for the application launcher, which leads to some issues (#32).
- Opening a previously closed file from the side bar is impossible without opening another file first (#563).
There hasn’t been a stable release of the completely rewritten Mail yet, and the last release still depends on the retired version of the WebKitGTK+ library (#8).
- Videos uses a non-standard icon for the application launcher, which leads to some issues (#23).
This plug plain doesn’t work on fedora at all, probably due to differences in language setting setups on fedora and ubuntu.
- The current language, region, and format aren’t determined correctly (#76).
- No backends other than APT are supported for installing language packs (#37).
- The build system also has inconsistencies with how other switchboard plugs are built, which leads to weird file names (#75).
User Accounts plug
This plug currently doesn’t seem to work right on fedora at all. It looks like it relies on some ubuntu-specific things regarding user creation and management.
- Newly created users can’t be enabled from the GUI (#92).