This page is for tracking items that are currently on my to-do list. Primarily, this is about tracking issues that are blocking proper support for a complete Pantheon desktop environment on fedora, but general bugs I have found are also listed here.
- Gala does not support mutter 40 (which will be used on Fedora 34) yet, due to
API changes in
Support for mutter 40 is missing from the LightDM Greeter and Wingpanel, as
well. Until this is resolved, I have created a compatibility package for
libmutter-7 / mutter 3.38, to keep the Pantheon desktop working.
Captive Portal Assistant
The fedora package linter made me aware of a possible security issue in this package’s NetworkManager’s dispatch script:
$PATHelements being set by
contractor project seems to need some love, some of the issues I reported
would be really easy to fix:
- The DBus service uses the wrong RDNN (#30).
- Removing applications fails if the PackageKit backend does not support
- Download size calculation fails if the PackageKit backend does not support
- Appcenter fails to compile against appstream versions
- Opening a previously closed file from the side bar is impossible without opening another file first (#563).
There hasn’t been a stable release of the completely rewritten Mail yet, and the last release still depends on the retired version of the WebKitGTK+ library (#8).
- Music is one of the last three (!) packages in fedora that uses Zeitgeist integration, but it is not optional because it is used for the smart playlist feature (#583).
This plug plain doesn’t work on fedora at all, probably due to differences in language setting setups on fedora and ubuntu.
- No backends other than APT are supported for installing language packs (#37).
- The build system also has inconsistencies with how other switchboard plugs are built, which leads to weird file names (#75).
- The current language, region, and format aren’t determined correctly (#76).
User Accounts plug
This plug currently doesn’t seem to work right on fedora at all. It looks like it relies on some ubuntu-specific things regarding user creation and management.
- Newly created users can’t be enabled from the GUI (#92).